Search For Man Drowned In Chenab River Continues For Second Day
CHINIOT, (APP – UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News – 18th Aug, 2026)
The body of a 33-year-old man who drowned in the Chenab River could not be recovered despite a second consecutive day of search operations, Rescue 1122 officials said on Tuesday.
According to Rescue 1122, Ansar, son of Allah Bakhsh, who was reportedly mentally disabled, jumped into the Chenab River from near Dost Muhammad Lali Bridge on Kalri Road. Following the incident, rescue teams launched an operation to trace him.
The search operation continued on the second day under the supervision of District Emergency Officer Engineer Muhammad Imran Bhatta. Rescue personnel used available resources to search different points of the river, but the victim’s body could not be located so far.
Rescue officials said the search operation would continue to locate and recover the missing person. Further developments would be shared as the operation progresses.