Harry and Meghan’s security arrangements a private matter, PM says

Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK Security Arrangements: A Private Matter, Says PM Burnham

BBC News reports that Prime Minister Andy Burnham has stated that the security arrangements for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex upon their return to the UK are a "private matter". He added, "It’s a matter for Harry and for Meghan, and we wish them well in the move that they are making."

This comes after reports that Prince Harry and Meghan plan to relocate to the UK later this month with their children from the US, intending to live in a private, non-royal residence outside London.

Security for the couple has been a point of contention, with Prince Harry losing a legal battle over security entitlements in the UK last year. Their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are set to start at a British school in September.

King Charles was informed of the couple’s decision on Sunday, and there are no current plans for either Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals. This breaking news story will be updated as more details emerge.

Related Topics:

  • UK Royal Family
  • BBC News
  • Harry and Meghan

Video Playlist:

  • A look back at Harry and Meghan’s years since leaving the UK
  • Why are Harry and Meghan moving back to the UK?
  • Illegal ‘drip pricing’ on holidays
  • Salmonella and egg safety
  • Postpartum psychosis in the Lindsay Clancy trial
  • Israeli strikes in Gaza
  • Little Moons co-founder’s advice for entrepreneurs
  • Flash flooding in Edinburgh
  • Man’s 999 call after buying alcohol-free gin
  • Chilli and sesame butter bean bowl
  • Catfish ‘walking’
  • Tupac murder trial: Witness challenges lawyer
  • Will there be a wartime election in Ukraine?
  • Burnham’s plan to end rough sleeping
  • Studying alongside apprentices

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *