Mozambique needs $1.6 billion for flood reconstruction

Mozambique Needs $1.6 Billion For Flood Reconstruction

Sumaira FH

Published August 21, 2026 | 04:45 AM

MAPUTO, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News / WAM – 21st Aug, 2026) : The Government of Mozambique said the south-eastern African country needs US$1.6 billion for recovery and reconstruction efforts following the worst floods it has experienced in decades earlier this year.

In a document outlining the reconstruction plan, the government said it expects to finance the recovery effort over three years through a combination of the state budget, donor grants and climate funds.

More than 700,000 people were affected by flooding caused by heavy rainfall last May, while hundreds of people were killed in the southern and central provinces.

  • Budget
  • Mozambique
  • May
  • Government
  • Billion

Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest | Whatsapp

Related Stories:

  • UAE riders rise to Aachen Challenge with four strong world championship rounds (4 hours ago)
  • Muslim Council of Elders strongly condemns bombing at educational centre in Kabul (5 hours ago)
  • Central Bank of Egypt keeps key interest rates unchanged at 19%-20% (6 hours ago)

…and more!

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *